Our beginner's course on Boavista usually starts at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and takes about 3 hours, depending on the size of the group. If there are fewer than 3 course participants, the duration of the course is reduced accordingly.
For a punctual start you should be at our school 30 minutes before the start of the course (registration center 1).
- Course schedule:
On the 1st day we explain the material, basic concepts such as luffing and falling, turning and pulling tight, etc. and the sequences of movements in a theoretical unit on land (duration approx. 15 - 30 minutes). Then you go out on the water for the first time with the aim of being able to drive under guidance on the first day.
- On the 2nd day we pay attention to your driving position and practice walking at high altitude, also known as crossing. The goal of this day is that you come back to your starting point independently.
- The 3rd day is the maneuver day on which the tack and jibe are learned.
- On the 4th day, depending on your personal driving skills, practice what you have learned with targeted improvements.
On each additional day of the course that you can book on site, we will individually build on your progress and deepen the techniques of the previous days. Windsurfing is pure fascination and you will still be able to learn a lot even after 20 years, as every windsurfing area is often different, e.g. onshore or offshore wind, waves in the shore area, salt water to name just a few differences.
- On each additional day of the course that you can book on site, we will individually build on your progress and deepen the techniques of the previous days. Windsurfing is pure fascination and you will still be able to learn a lot even after 20 years, as every windsurfing area is often different, e.g. onshore or offshore wind, waves in the shore area, salt water to name just a few differences.
- Private lesson
If you want to achieve maximum learning progress in the shortest possible time, then you can treat yourself to a private lesson. Here we can concentrate 100% on you, respond to your wishes and questions.
* In all courses the material (windsurf board and sails) as well as suit, life jacket and shoes incl.
In order to be able to give you maximum safety and an even better training with the best possible learning success, our certified teachers train you with Bb Talkin Bluetooth system in most of the courses. As a student, you get your own Bluetooth headset that is integrated in the helmet and you can not only understand the teacher better and more clearly, but also communicate directly with him.
WINDSURFing and Windsurfing Foil courses for advanced*
- Our courses for slightly advanced learners start at 10 a.m.
- In all advanced and advanced courses, we build exactly on your level.
- We accompany you in everything you want to learn. Beach start, water start, foot straps, trapeze riding, quick turns, power jibing, foiling and many more maneuvers.
Private lesson: Especially as an advanced windsurfer, it makes sense every now and then that you treat yourself to a private lesson with a professional. With the support of video recordings and analysis, we bring you to your dream maneuver such as the power jibe or the water start a little closer. Often there are just a few little tricks that have been hampering your learning curve for years. You can also book up to two lessons a day.
*In all courses the material (windsurf board and sails) as well as suit, life jacket and shoes incl.
rental WINDSURF EQUIPMENT
- With our rental on Boavista you can rent your premium windsurfing equipment by the hour, half a day, a whole day or several days at a time.
- If you book in advance you can choose a rental period of 3 to 14 days which gives you a price advantage.
- If you have booked windsurfing equipment or kite equipment rental 7 days or more in advance, you can rent the SUP boards and surf boards for free at any time, provided that they are available.
- We offer children up to and including 15 years of age a 30% discount on renting windsurfing equipment (excluding accessories).
- Families with children up to 3 years of age can take turns sharing equipment at no extra charge. If you would like to share equipment with your partner, we offer you a partner tariff for plus 25% on the regular price.
- Material insurance: if you do not have your own material insurance, e.g. through the VDWS, you can easily take out insurance from us for a low price, which is valid for the entire duration of your stay. The insurance covers damage to equipment up to € 1,500. Intentional damage caused by personal negligence and loss as well as damage to Finns are not covered by the insurance. The deductible is € 50 per damage, the rest of the damage is deducted from the cover volume of € 1,500.
You can of course also windsurf with your own equipment at our station. For this we offer you the opportunity to store your board and your sail with us. The cost is 12 Euro per person per day for 1 board and 1 sail. Each additional board and sail costs 1 euro per day and person. We ask for your understanding that for reasons of space when storing foil boards, the foil has to be dismantled from the board and the mast has to be separated from the fuselage.
VDWS WINDSURFing LICENCE
In addition to highly trained staff, as a VDWS licensed water sports school, we also offer you the opportunity to acquire a VDWS license. This costs 40 Euro.