- Our courses take place every day at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. and last around 3 hours, depending on the size of the group.
- If there are fewer than 3 course participants, the duration of the course is reduced accordingly.
- We teach specifically in very small groups of up to 4 people, because this is the only way we can specifically and individually address your skills and your learning goal.
- On request, we also offer semi-private (with 2 people) or private courses in addition to group courses.
- You will get a first impression of kiting on the first day. In order to learn to kite properly, however, we recommend at least 3 days, optimally 4-5 days. If you book several days in a row, you will save yourself a little something and have your place in the course safe.
- For a punctual start you should be at our school 30 minutes before the start of the course (registration).
- All of our courses are conducted by our highly trained and certified teachers. With the Bb Talkin Bluetooth system, we also offer you maximum security and fast learning success.
- On the 1st day: In the theory unit on land (duration approx. 15 - 30 min.) We explain the material and basic terms such as safety system, kite control, wind window, etc. Immediately afterwards you practice kite control and kite control from the boat.
In a group course, two students always share equipment, which saves energy and by actively watching, certain processes are better conveyed and can be practiced more effectively after a short break
- On the 2nd day we deepen the kite feeling and fly to different zones in the wind window. We learn where the kite has more or less power. We practice the controlled pulling of the kite through the water, also known as bodydrag. The aim is for the kite to drag you in the desired direction.
- 3rd day: the goal on this day is to get the board with the foot straps on your feet, to start for the first time (water start) and to drive the first few meters.
- 4th day: after the first three days you can ride the first few meters on the kiteboard. It is important that you can ride safely and stably in both directions and steer the kite back to the 12 o'clock position so that you can stop and ride back. You will probably not be able to “hold up” at first, but that is not a problem at all with our boat training, you will always be steered by our instructor in the boat and you can treat yourself to small breaks on the boat.
- On the 5th day, depending on your personal driving skills, practice what you have learned with targeted improvements. After two strokes you will be back where you started. You achieve this through the posture and edge technique of the board. For this it is now time to practice, practice, practice ...
After each course unit we do a short debriefing and, if necessary, some theory. Each additional day of the course on site can be booked for 90 euros if there is free space.
All equipment such as wetsuit, harness and life jacket as well as shoes are of course available from us. So you only need to bring a towel, sunscreen, possibly a hat or cap and something to drink with you.
There is no prescribed age. As a rule, we start training children from around 10 years of age, but that depends in particular on their physical constitution. However, we train especially young and light children exclusively 1 to 1, i.e. in a private course.
PERFECT COMMUNICATION WITH YOUR TEACHER
In order to be able to give you maximum safety and an even better training with the best possible learning success, our certified teachers train you with the Bb Talkin Bluetooth system. As a student, you get your own Bluetooth headset that is integrated in the helmet and you can not only understand the teacher better and more clearly, but also communicate directly with him.
Through our boat training in Soma Bay, we offer you the highest possible safety and many advantages, such as:
- a lot of space
- particularly safe and almost no risk of injury
- your teacher can be very close to you
- you have much more effective time on the kite and on the water to learn quickly, as you don't have to walk back when you drift off
- In addition, we can drive every day to exactly the place on Lake Garda where there is the most wind and space
advanced KITESURFing and Kitesurfing Foil courses*
In our advanced courses, which start daily, we build exactly on your level. We accompany you in everything you want to learn and improve, e.g. safe climbing, turning, transition, jumps, backroll, frontroll, kiteloop.
With our advanced courses, up to two lessons per day can be booked.
If you want, you can also learn Kite foiling with us. This new riding technique when kiting works with a special board that has a so-called foil mounted on the underside. The foil then works like a wing, lifting the board out of the water while riding and allowing you to float over it. With our special foil boards you can learn the new technique quickly and safely. We teach a maximum of two students at the same time.
Private lesson: Especially as an advanced kite surfer, it makes sense every now and then that you treat yourself to a private lesson or a private course with a professional. With the support of video recordings and analysis, you will quickly experience the fascination of kiting yourself.
*In all courses the material (kite board, kite and bar) as well as suit, life jacket and shoes incl..
rental KiteSURF EQUIPMENT
- To rent kite equipment, you should have at least VDWS level 5 and be able to walk safely. If you are not yet able to do this, unfortunately we cannot give you any material on our own, as your safety is the most important thing to us.
- Rent your premium windsurfing equipment from us flexibly, by the hour, half a day, whole day or several days in a row. If you want to book in advance and reserve the equipment you want, you can book for at least 3 days in a row (or more), or you can opt for the optional subscription, with which you can freely choose the days on which you will be on the water want (e.g. 10 out of 14 days).
- If you rent equipment from us, you can always rely on us 100%. You put yourself on a security list when you go on the water and from then on our team will keep an eye on you. Two boats are available at our station for your rescue.
- The accessories such as trapeze, wetsuit and shoes are not included in the kite rental, but can be rented from us at the station for a small surcharge.
- WINTER DEAL - from November 15 to March 15, the rental days are freely selectable in the total rental period, i.e. a break day can be freely selected at any time.
- We offer children up to and including 15 years of age a 30% discount on renting kitesurfing equipment (excluding accessories).
- The insurance we recommend covers damage to equipment up to € 1,500. Intentional damage caused by personal negligence and loss as well as damage to Finns are not covered by the insurance. The deductible is € 50 per damage, the rest of the damage is deducted from the cover volume of € 1,500.
STORAGE - OUR SERVICE FOR YOUR OWN MATERIAL
The fee for storage includes:
- Storage of your own material in a locked / guarded room
- Start and landing service
- Fresh water washing area
- Rescue service - our boats are always ready for this
- Air compressor
- For an additional small fee of 5 euros, we also offer a shuttle to the nearby kite lagoon. This can be booked daily at the station. The shuttle also includes a downwind trip of approx. 2 km from the kite lagoon back to our center.
- Our boats are networked with each other and with the station on land by radio and telephone, safety is our top priority!
IMPORTANT PREPARATION FOR THE KITESHUTTLE:
Here we show you how to prepare the kite before we pick you up by boat.
- Inflate the struts and close all valves
- Lay out the lines and sort them so that no lines are twisted or knotted
- Attach the lines to the kite
- Roll the lines as tightly as possible on the bar up to about 2-3 meters in front of the kite
- Fix the bar with the chicken stick on the front tube
- Roll up the kite from both sides towards the middle, putting all loose lines into the kite
- Fix the rolled up kite with your harness or a kite bag
VDWS KITESURF LICENSE
As an officially licensed VDWS kite and windsurf school, we will also grant you the VDWS kite license if you want. The license is valid worldwide and you need it in particular to be able to borrow material. Your driving skills are shown on it and updated as you progress. There is an extra fee of 40 € for the initial issue of the license.